FHA Permitting DACA Status Recipients to Apply for FHA Loans
Effective for loan applications on and after January 19, 2021 individuals classified under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program with the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service (USCIS) are eligible to apply for an FHA mortgage provided the following is documented in the file:
- Must be legally permitted to work in the U.S. and have an Employment Authorization Document (EAD);
- Note: If the EAD will expire within one year and there is a prior history of residency status renewals then it may be assumed that continuation will be granted. If there are no prior renewals the likelihood of renewal must be determined based on information from the USCIS and must be included in the loan file.
- The property will be the borrower's principal residence;
- The borrower has a valid Social Security Number (SSN); and
- The borrower satisfies the same requirements, terms and conditions as those for U.S. citizens.
Please contact your Regional Account Manager should you have any questions related to this Client Announcement.
FHA Permitting DACA Status Recipients to Apply for FHA Loans | Client Announcement 2021-01-21
- Created on .