IRS - Borrower obtains Transcripts
Due to the state and local shelter in place orders, the IRS has announced temporary suspension of IVES work. Effective immediately, IRS is not accepting tax transcript requests from lenders.
Fairway will accept transcripts obtained by the Borrower(s) on an Exception Only basis. Please work with your underwriter for an exception. Borrower(s) can obtain their own Tax Transcripts directly online from the IRS website.
Ask your borrowers to go to http://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript.
The borrowers will need:
- SSN, date of birth, filing status and mailing address from latest tax return;
- Access to their email account;
- Personal account number from a credit card, mortgage, home equity loan, home equity line of credit or car loan; and
- A mobile phone with their name on the account.
The borrower will get:
- All transcript types are available online;
- View, print or download the transcript; and
- Username and Password to return later.
Fairway would also like to inform you that our current tax transcript policy applies, but is adjusted to the new filing date of July 15, 2020. More information will be available at a later date.
Please contact your Regional Account Manager should you have any questions related to this Client Announcement.
Client Announcement 2020-04-14